The new AC Marriott Hotel opened on September 21, 2017 and is home to 136 rooms, a rooftop pool, 200-space public parking garage, and nearly 6,000 square feet of retail space including Pure Aesthetics Spa.
The AC Hotel is the first hotel built in downtown Tucson in 40 years and was selected as one of the first U.S. cities for the fast-growing, boutique brand, along with Miami, New Orleans and Chicago.
Rio Nuevo worked with the developer to provide incentives for the completion of the building as well as the renovation of Hub and Playground at the intersection of 5th Avenue and Congress Street.
- October 31, 2017
- Hotel Grand Opening First of Four Planned for Downtown Tucson
- September 20, 2017
- New Hotel Open for Business in Downtown Tucson
- August 19, 2017
- New Downtown Tucson Hotel Nears Completion as Two Other Projects are on Deck
- July 16, 2016
- Downtown Tucson Hotel Coming to Life
- September 15, 2014
- AC Hotel Downtown Partnership Agreement Signed
Notice of Expenditures
- May 19, 2014
- Notice and Statement AC Hotel