Peach Properties and Dabdoub Investments are working together to revitalize the vacant storefronts on Congress Street (98-130 E. Congress) that will contain a mix of retail and restaurants. Historic brick facades have been revealed on the properties that formerly housed the Grill, Wig-O-Rama, and the original Chicago Store.
Rio Nuevo invested up to $4.4M in the restoration of the Brings Building, 123 S. Stone, 44 E. Broadway, and the Congress Street Block, combined. The projected value of all projects will be in excess of $19M and create $1.3M per year in direct tax benefit within the District.
- March 30, 2019
- Retail, Short-term Rentals Planned at Downtown Tucson’s Former Wig-O-Rama Building
- March 28, 2019
- Mystery Employer to Bring 350 Jobs
- December 29, 2017
- Work Reveals Historic Facade of Wig-O-Rama Building
- September 18, 2017
- CVS Nixes Plans for Store in Iconic Downtown Building
- June 26, 2017
- Rio Nuevo May Loan El Charro Owner $250,000 to Reopen 3 Businesses
- May 30, 2017
- Tucson’s Historic Chicago Music Store Building May Soon House CVS