Peach Properties and Dabdoub Investments are working together to revitalize the vacant storefronts on Congress Street (98-130 E. Congress) that will contain a mix of retail and restaurants including Ten 55 Brewing. Historic brick facades have been revealed on the properties that formerly housed the Grill, Wig-O-Rama and the original Chicago Store.
Rio Nuevo invested up to a $4.4M in restoration of the Brings Building, 123 S. Stone, 44 E. Broadway and the Congress Street Block, combined. The projected value of all projects will be in excess of $19M and create $1.3M per year in direct tax benefit within the District.
As of March 2019 the Rio Nuevo Board of Directors approved a $10M project that would add three floors to the former Wig-O-Rama building located at 98 E. Congress Street. The project would include 10,000SF of ground floor retail with 30 units above that could be used as extended-stay or short-term rentals.
- March 30, 2019
- Retail, Short-term Rentals Planned at Downtown Tucson’s Former Wig-O-Rama Building
- March 28, 2019
- Mystery Employer to Bring 350 Jobs
- December 29, 2017
- Work Reveals Historic Facade of Wig-O-Rama Building
- September 18, 2017
- CVS Nixes Plans for Store in Iconic Downtown Building
- June 26, 2017
- Rio Nuevo May Loan El Charro Wwner $250,000 to Reopen 3 Businesses
- May 30, 2017
- Tucson’s Historic Chicago Music Store Building May Soon House CVS