The Monier mixed-use project is at the center of the 32-acre award-winning master-planned Mercado District. The four-story, $34 million Monier Building includes 122 class A market-rate apartments, 12,975SF of ground floor commercial/retail, and 148 below-grade parking spaces. Walkability is key to this west side development and offers easy access to restaurants, a public market, the MSA Annex, Mercado San Agustin, entertainment, Tucson Streetcar, and more.
At the August 28, 2018 Board of Directors meeting, the Rio Nuevo Board approved a $2.4M loan to Gadsden Company to complete the project and begin the construction process.
- February 18, 2019
- West Side Story, The Gadsden Company continues development around Mercado San Agustin
- September 25, 2018
- September Rio Nuevo Update
- September 4, 2018
- Construction on $35M West-Side Development Could Start in October
- August 31, 2018
- Apartment, Retail Project is Close to Breaking Ground West of Downtown Tucson
- August 30, 2018
- Rio Nuevo Advances $35M Mixed-Use Project in Tucson